Photography is my way to live the world and to express myself. It's not a job, neither a hobby, but simply and truly life. My own life and that of others that I love to observe, describe and tell.
Who am I?
Born in 1977 in Mola di Bari, kissed by the sun and caressed by the sea of southern Italy, in the beautiful region of Puglia, I’m a self-taught and independent photographer, graduated at the Istituto Europeo di Design in Milan. I gained my experience by travelling and discovering my love for street photography, reportage and outdoor portraits, a photo-realistic style without artefacts, capturing candid and genuine life.
Do you know that...?
- How long have you been shooting on the street? around 7 years.
- Do you use digital or film? Digital
- What digital camera do you use? I use a Leica SL and a Leica Q
- Do you stage or digitally manipulate your photographs? No, I never stage my photos as I like to describe and capture what is happening in front of me. About manipulation, I only do some modifications on colour balance, saturation, and sharpness when needed, but no retouches or crops.
- Who are your photographic influences? Scianna, Webb, Salgado, McCurry, Herwitt, Bresson
- Did you learn photography at college? No, I’ve learned all by myself, just reading and practising.
- Do you run into any trouble taking photographs of strangers? Not really, I always try to be polite and discrete and, anytime someone forbid me to be photographed, I say thank you anyway and walk away.
- What advice would you give to someone starting in street photography? Never stop walking and observing everything, all the time!
Awards and Highlights
- 2015 – Humanity Photo AWARDS – Category Festivities – PERFORMANCE award
- 2014 – FIOF AWARDS – Category Reportage – BRONZE award
- 2014 – FIOF AWARDS – Category Story – BRONZE award
- 2014 – PSA Honourable mention in 7th Rainbow Challenge Rijen 2014
- 2014 – I.S.F. Honourable mention in 9th Image Salon Delft 2014
- 2013 – National Geographic Best of Travel 365 – My photo included in this worldwide selection.
- 2013 – Personal Live Exhibition in Luxembourg – 3rd to 20th of July- Portraits
- 2013 – Personal Live Exhibition in Amsterdam 1st to 31 of May – Portraits
- 2012 – Award – Heartbeat of nature – Zingst – Winner Finalist
- 2011 – Award: Leica Talent Italia, 24×36 – Selected in the 240 finalists on 24000 participant
- 2011 – IPA Award – One Shot: The City – 3 Honorable Mentions